Allison missed a half a day of school yesterday and so today she hit the books hard so that she can stay on track. It was a beautiful day in Waimea and so Ann and I stayed close by.
 |
| Allison set herself up a new office on the sofa table. She has a great view out of two sides of the house and has a nice breeze flowing under the table from the low windows. Great idea Ally! |
 |
| Late morning on the lanai. This is a typical view of our jogging clothes and towels drying in the sunny breeze. |
 |
| These interesting flowering trees are right next to the lanai. I thought that they were Lehua trees but after looking into it some more, I realize that they are something else. I still haven't figured it out. |
A few weeks ago, Ann purchased some specially designed workout straps and I set them up in the backyard. The concept behind these easily adjustable straps is that you use your own body weight as the resistance for different weight bearing exercises. The difficulty of the exercises depends on the angle of the straps while you use them. It was invented by a navy seal who felt the need to be able to workout no matter where he was, without a gym or free weights to use. Since Ann is using them, I thought I might as well use them too.
 |
| We enjoy smelling the roses while we workout in the backyard. |
A few days ago, Ann and I found the Waimea stream trail which starts very close to where we live and ends at a park right in town. We went there for a walk today.
 |
| Walking on the stream trail in Waimea |
I bought a couple of freshly caught Ta'ape, also known as Blue Line Snapper today. I filleted them and they are currently sitting in a marinade.
 |
| Blue Line Snapper are actually an invasive species in Hawaii which were introduced many years ago and are a threat to local reefs. |
 |
| I figured out that they fillet just like perch. |
 |
| coffee time |
As I sit here writing this, it just occurred to me that all the windows in this house are single paned. Of course they are, but I just hadn't noticed before.
No comments:
Post a Comment