Thursday, 12 January 2012

Kawaihae Harbor

Yesterday morning, Ann and I went to the farmers market at Waikoloa Beach Resort and then we went for a long walk within the resort and along the beach towards the Hilton Waikoloa.  On the way back to Waimea, we stopped at the Kawaihae Harbor for a few minutes to see if there were any whales off shore, but we didn't see any.

Ann looking for whales



This morning I made arrangements to go horseback ridding in Waipio Valley next week.  I also made arrangements to rent a house for a few days near the town of Pahoa.  I found the whole process involved in renting the Pahoa house kind of amusing.  I found the house through the VRBO website and emailed an inquiry.  I got an email from the owners of the house who live in California.  They provided a phone number and so I gave them a call.  The woman who answered the phone was on a ski lift somewhere in the mountains of California and asked if she could call me back within the hour.  That made me laugh.  She called back and answered all my questions and when I was satisfied, we discussed payment.  She agreed to let me pay her with a Canadian check in Canadian funds and so, just before lunch, I went to the post office and mailed a check to California in order to rent a place in Hawaii.  For some reason, I find this kind of amusing.  Also amusing is the fact that I used the internet and cell phone technology to find and make this deal, but snail mail still had a function.

This afternoon we had visitors from Alberta stop by for a visit.  Ed and Teresa Semrok and their children, David and Angelina are here on holidays.  Ed is a beekeeper from Athabasca.  We had a really nice visit.
The Semrok family
Ed picking an advocado
The Semroks brought us some beautiful flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment