Late this morning, we left Allison to her school work and drove to Waikoloa Village to pick up a computer cord for Gilbert St. Arnault. He forgot it there while on vacation a few weeks ago and asked us if we could pick it up and mail it to him, and so we did. After leaving Waikoloa Village, we drove to the Mauna Lani resort area and went for a short walk along a beach trail. If is a beautiful trail lined with washed up white coral. We watched a couple guys surfing and I took a few photos. I took some shots of a guy on his final run and as he came to shore I asked him if he wanted to check his form on my camera. He seemed quite thrilled that I had taken his photo and thanked me for showing them to him.
Later, we walked around the shops at Mauna Lani. From what we observed, there is more to see at the shops at Waikoloa Beach.
 |
| When I first saw this, I thought that it was the coolest golf cart ever made, but then I realized that it didn't have any place to put the clubs. If its not a 4 person golf cart, then what the heck is its purpose? I'm thinking that its main purpose it to ease the pressure created by a bursting bank account. |
We left the Mauna Lani area and drove north, down the coast towards Hawi. On our way, we kept our eyes on the ocean, looking for breaching whales. I did see one make a big splash but I couldn't find a good place to pull over and watch the whales and so we decided to come back and see the whales another day. We got to Hawi and walked around for awhile before having lunch at the Bamboo Restaurant. After lunch we took Hi-Way 250 (the Kohala Mountain Road) back to Waimea. That route takes you to 3500 ft above sea level and gives you some beautiful views of lush green pastures flowing down towards the bluest ocean. After getting to what feels like home in Waimea, we made supper while watching the sun play with the clouds on its way down to the ocean.
That's an awesome sunset shot! wow!
ReplyDelete