Saturday, 14 January 2012

A nice Saturday

So far, today has been one of those "sigh wonderful" days.  I left the house at 7:30 this morning for an 8 km run and when I got back to the house, Ann had the coffee ready and she asked me to have a seat in the living room because she had a surprise for me.  She turned on the television and it was already set to the NHL on NBC.  I was so pleased to be able to have my morning Kona coffee while watching Detroit vs Chicago.  While I watched the game, my good wife, packed us a picnic lunch so that when the game was done, the three of us could leave for the beach.  We went back to Waialea Bay, locally known as beach 69 because it is close to power pole 69 along the road.  We have had some fun snorkeling here on other days but today the surf was too rough and the water was all churned up and too murky to see anything.  We had fun swimming anyway.



We spent most of the afternoon at the beach.  On the way home, we took a little side trip north of the Kawaihae Harbor to look for humpback whales.  We saw some whales spouting and so we found a place to park the car and set up some chairs on a hill to watch them. 

Watching for humpback whales
At one point, the sun went behind some clouds but was still shining on the ocean at the horizon.  It was neat to see.
This is not a great photo, but below the surface is a huge humpback whale.

1 comment:

  1. That photo of the sky with the sun behind the clouds is beautiful! I would've sworn that it was taken with a fancy SLR camera. well done!

    ReplyDelete