On December 31st we went to Hilo to get a few things at the farmers market and to just hang out. It was a really beautiful day in Hilo and we enjoyed a rare complete visit to the city without rain. We had lunch right next to the market where we found a guy cooking barbeque. Craig, Ally and I had some awesome kabobs while Jenna and Ann tried some Thai food from a one women kiosk which looked like they had some good food. Throughout our lunch, we were entertained by an awesome country band. Good times!
A huge banyan tree on Banyan Drive in Hilo
Babe Ruth planted this banyan tree in 1933
A park in Hilo which is in the same location and is dedicated to a school which was wiped on in the tsunami of 1960
Talking to Sharon, Teresa and their kids on New Years Eve
New Years Eve Supper
We had a very relaxing New Years Eve evening. Craig went to bed around 9:30 and I hit the sack around 11:00. The girls managed to stay up until midnight and witnessed how every neighborhood and street in town was blasting off fireworks and fire crackers. I woke up and watched some of it. They really like their fireworks here.
I'm enjoying the blogs keep them up. There so much of that island I missed. I hope you enjoyed your holiday season and a Happy New years to all of you!!!!
I'm enjoying the blogs keep them up. There so much of that island I missed. I hope you enjoyed your holiday season and a Happy New years to all of you!!!!
ReplyDelete