On Tuesday, I ran a personal best outdoor 5 km time, in spite of the hills, at 22:53. On Wednesday, I did a 30 minute tempo run which is my last training run before the race on Sunday. I'm taking the next few days to let my legs rest and recover.
 |
| People give me this sign at least 10 times a day. It's a good thing that I know its a good sign. "Hang loose Bro!" |
 |
| Breakfast in Paradise |
 |
| Almost all of our water is heated with solar power. These panels are hooked up to an electric water tank. I'm not sure how it works, but there is a circulating pump and i know that there is some kind of power storage device because there is still hot water at night. The one day that it rained all day is the only day that we ran out of hot water and I had to turn on the bypass switch to bring non-solar power to the hot water tank. I really like this system. |
 |
| Papaya trees on this property right next to the neighbors |
 |
| Picking Avocados |
 |
| I think Allison has decided to finish grade 8 while sitting on a sofa |
The weather this morning (Thursday) was absolutely beautiful. We had breakfast in the backyard. Before lunch, I drove out to the driving range for some much needed practice. In the afternoon, Ann and I visited the Keck Observatory Headquarters which is located right here in Waimea. This place is basically a working facility for astronomers who decipher the information coming from the Twin Keck telescopes located on top of Mauna Kea. These two telescopes are the largest operating optical and infrared telescopes in the world. An enthusiastic, volunteer amateur astronomer gave us a description of the telescopes and some of the work that goes on there. The weather was so nice today that we decided to have supper earlier, out on the front lanai. It was a nice finishing touch to a beautiful day.
 |
| Supper time on the lanai |
 |
| Sunset taken from the living room |
 |
| The end of a beautiful day in Hawaii |
No comments:
Post a Comment